Well, believe it or not, our big old jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil is almost gone! I told you we use this stuff like crazy. So I thought I’d post some of our favorite daily uses again for your enjoyment:
1. Cooking. I keep the jar on the counter with our cookie dough scoop close by. Every morning my husband eats fried eggs or omelets. So just a little bit in my tiny cast iron pan, and voila – no stick. We use it for all our stir frying, I plop a scoop of it into oatmeal, chili, soup, etc, to get an extra boost of goodness. You can find more recipe uses for coconut oil when you CLICK HERE
2. Spreading. Ok, I admit I don’t do this much but my oldest daughter loves it on crackers or a slice of bread with jelly, etc. She’ll actually even just lick the spoon after scooping some out for something.
3. Lip balm. I put a little bit in an old carmex jar and carry it in my purse. I can flavor/scent it with just one drop of essential oil of choice. Mmmmmm….
4. “Goot” – this garlic oil salve is great for whatever ails you. We keep a jar on hand in the winter time especially. It’s basically just equal amounts of Coconut Oil, olive oil and finely chopped fresh garlic. Rub it on your check on the first feelings of a cold, etc. Great stuff. You can find out more details on GOOT by going HERE and HERE.
5. Dry skin – I keep a jar of coconut oil mixed with my favorite essential oils by my bed and rub it on my sandpaper heels at night. Softens them really nice. Great for elbows and knees or other super dry spots. Because the coconut oil is an oil it will start to melt when applied to your skin and warms, so use it a little bit at a time.