Vacuum cleaners have come a long way since the days salesmen sold Hoover vacuums door-to-door. While Hoover is well-known, let’s compare two other vacuum cleaners that have become just as popular today: Dyson and Eureka.
Dyson features include:
If you’ve seen the Dyson commercials, it is clear that this particular vacuum was originally designed to increase the suction performance that was lacking in other well-known brands.
- All-floors lightweight upright vacuum cleaner provides constant suction power
- 200 air watts; on/off brushbar; extends for stair and high-reach cleaning
- Lifetime HEPA filter; clean air exhaust; 25-foot cord; lightweight design
- 4/9-gallon bin empties with the push of a button; certified asthma friendly
- Telescoping Reach Wand
- Quick-Draw Telescope Reach – Extends instantly for stair and high reach cleaning
- Hygienic Bin Emptying – No need to touch the dust, just push the button
- HEPA Filter – Approved for allergy sufferers by the British Allergy Foundation
- Weight 15.8 lbs
- Measures 16-1/3 by 12 by 43-2/3 inches; 5-year warranty
The Dyson DC18 is a slim, light, and easy to maneuver bagless vacuum with the trademark root cyclone system. The air expelled from a Dyson has up to 150 times less mold and bacteria than the air you breathe. Cost is approximately $469.00.
Conversely, the Eureka Boss Smart features include:
- Upright vacuum cleaner with 12-amp motor for carpets and hard floors
- HEPA filtration system captures 99.97 percent of dust, pollen, and allergens
- Onboard tools include dusting brush, upholstery nozzle, and crevice tool
- Stretch hose for above-floor cleaning; 3-stage dust-trap system; 30-foot cord
- Motorized Brushroll
- True HEPA Filtration Deluxe Wide Cleaning Path Air Selector
- Cord Length – 30 ft. Weight 21 lbs.
- Measures 15 by 11 by 45 inches; 1-year warranty
When comparing the two, consumers state that the overall design of the Dyson allows for easy maneuverability due to the fact that it is lighter than the Eureka vacuum. The cost of the Eureka Boss Smart is approximately $149.00.
Here are additional comparisons that can be made:
- The Dyson is bagless while the Eureka is not.
- The HEPA filter in the Dyson can be washed; the Eureka HEPA filter has to be replaced.
- The Dyson does not have a headlight; the Eureka does.
- The Dyson has a 25 ft. cord; the Eureka has a 30 ft. cord.
- Both are easy to assemble.